AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE
- Antibiotic drop 4 times day for 1 week
- Steroid drop 4 times day for 4-6 weeks
- Systane(Artificial Tear) +4 times Day for 2 Weeks then as needed
PLACE 1 DROP OF EACH AS INSTRUCTED
WAIT 3 MINUTES BETWEEN EACH KIND OF DROP
WHAT TO EXPECT
It is normal for your vision to be blurred and for your eyes to burn and feel irritated the day of surgery. Your primary goal is to keep the eyes closed as much as possible while starting your eye drops 4 times daily as instructed above.
- DO NOT RUB, SQUEEZE OR SQUINT YOUR EYES tightly until the doctor has removed your bandage contact lenses. This is usually done around the 5th day post-op if the eyes are healed.
Note: Your eyes will be rough or sandy feeling when the lenses are removed. The cornea will be smoothing down with the next 1-2 weeks resulting with better vision. Your personal best vision will not be until 4-8 weeks post-op.
PLEASE BE PATIENT….IT WILL GET CLEARER!!
- Take 1 of the Hydrocodone provided every 4-6 hours as needed for pain. We will prescribe Mepergan which can be taken for severe discomfort; however, caution must be taken due to drowsiness. Typically these can be discontinued 2-3 days after the procedure.
- No eye makeup for 5-7 days following surgery.
- You may resume normal activities as you feel comfortable doing so.
- Proper measures should be taken to avoid sweat getting into the eyes for 2 weeks (I.E. wear a ball cap, sweatband, or towel off frequently).
- Wait 1-2 weeks before allowing water to get into the eyes via shower, pool, lake, etc.
- Wait 1 weeks before using a tanning bed.
- Post-op visits are at 5 days, 1 month, 3 months and 1year.
Prescription drug allergy symptoms include:
Rash, Itching and Redness around the eyes. Call immediately if these symptoms occur.