PREPARING FOR SURGERY
- DO NOT take blood thinners or aspirin 2 days prior to surgery unless instructed by your physician. Please bring a written list of all medications including name, milligram, and how often it is taken.
- Please leave all valuables at home as the surgery facility does not have a place to safeguard these items.
- Please arrange for someone to transport you to and from the surgery center in a private vehicle, or we will be happy to arrange transportation to and from the surgery facility if none is available.
- We also suggest that you are not left unattended for the first 24 hours following surgery.
THE MORNING OF SURGERY
DO NOT EAT BREAKFAST OR DRINK LIQUIDS.
- Wait until after surgery to take morning medications, unless they are absolutely necessary. If so, take with a minimal amount of water.
- Do take a bath or shower, washing your face with soap and water.
- Do wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and low-heeled shoes. Sleeves should be easily rolled up past the elbow.
- DO NOT wear make-up.
- DO NOT plan to drive yourself home.
- If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please notify our office 24 hours prior to your visitor as soon as possible.
- You will be discharged from our surgery center as soon as your post-operative instructions are discussed. Plan to spend approximately 2-3 hours at the Surgery Facility.
- Since you are given a mild sedative before the procedure, it is recommended that you simply go home to rest for the remaining day.
PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS (870) 935-6396 OR TOLL-FREE (800) 634-7299